Asia’s first and biggest bodybuilding event debuted last year in the city of Mumbai. It was definitely an event to remember!
The event had a massive impact with extensive media coverage by New York Times, Times of India and other media entities. The event was highly applauded by many and greatly appreciated, especially by the athletes who were treated with incomparable hospitality. It was even awarded Tier 2 for Olympia qualification, making us the 3rd biggest and most popular bodybuilding event in the world!
Below are a few snippets of Sheru Classic 2011…
- The competition was held in Bandra’s Mehboob studios and had 2 categories viz. Mens Pro Bodybuilding and Womens Pro Figure Championship.
- IFBB Pro and Mr. Olympia, Phil Heath won the Mens Pro Bodybuilding championship while IFBB Pro Nicole Wilkins won the Womens Pro Figure title.
- The event had Mr. Sanjay Dutt as the guest of honour with Neha Dhupia as the host.
- We were also graced by the presence of Bollywood legend Mr. Amitabh Bachchan, the best talent in the fitness industry as well as various socialites.
- he 2011 Expo was held at Hotel Taj Lands End, Bandra and had various stalls to promote health and fitness as well as display various International as well as Indian supplement brands.
- Sheru Classic mentor couple (and current trainers of actor Hrithik Roshan), Kris and Marika Gethin were present as well. They interacted with the guests and answered their various queries
- MTV VJ Ranvijay also attended the Expo.
- Sheru Classic hosted an afterparty in the ballroom of Hotel Taj Lands End, Bandra to celebrate the success of the event.
- The party was attended by the participating athletes as well as various celebrities like VJ Ramona, Actors Sahil Khan and Rohit Roy, Model Sudhanshu Pandey, Mumbai’s various socialites and many more…